Pre-Disaster Mitigation Planning
SECOG staff assists counties with their Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plans. This is a multi-jurisdictional plan that identifies hazards and assesses the risks historically faced by counties. The plan incorporates a mitigation strategy that encompasses a set of goals, objectives, and action steps to help mitigate against and minimize damages imposed by the identified hazards. The plan illustrates the county and its communities/jurisdictions’ current and future mitigation actions and strategies in accordance with the guidance materials provided by FEMA and the State of South Dakota’s Office of Emergency Management.
For additional information, contact Sophie Johnson at (605) 681-8184 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Clay County Pre-Disaster mitigation can be accessed here:
- The Minnehaha and Lincoln Counties Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan can be accessed at here:
- The McCook County Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan can be accessed here:
- The Turner County Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan can be accessed at here:
- The Union County Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan can be accessed here: